Monday, June 4, 2012

Blog Topic 1 - What Bothers Torbett In The Learning Environment?

Tensions In the Classroom:

  • Tensions begin to develop early with lack of respect from students.  No offense, but I am 38 years old, have served my country, have been in school consistently since 2004, and have been educated by the real world and its many culture.  Do not disrespect me.  This goes beyond the classroom in the lack of respect for authority that is missing in the home.
Tensions With Administration:

  • I feel as though tensions begin to develop with Administration when hard work goes unnoticed.  I notice a sense of tension when when on teacher works harder than others, and some get all recognition for the efforts of few.  Politics, if you will.
Tensions With the Curriculum:

  • Tension starts early in this category.  With the implementation of End of Pathway testing, and State mandated standards, it becomes quite difficult to cover all material within a limited time.  Especially in an elective environment (and an art class).

No comments:

Post a Comment